Programme Brief Description
The Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration programme integrates four basic disciplines of engineering; combination of mechanical, electrical, electronics and computer and software engineering technology. The study of Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration involves aspects of Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning Design as role of Consultancy, contractors, solution provider and mechanical engineering together with an understanding of Troubleshooting and Commissioning.
The B.E.T in Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration Programme aims to support Malaysia aspirations to become an industrialized nation by nurturing skilful, resilient, responsible & globally recognized in Air Conditioning & Refrigeration and systems maintenance related Engineering Technologists with technopreneurial skills that are relevant to societal and Malaysia economic growth.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
The PEOs are the expected attributes of the graduates of BET in Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration 3-5 years after graduation. Our objectives are to produce engineering technologists who:
knowledgeable, competent, and innovative;
effective leaders with teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills;
committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement;
professional, ethical, and socially responsible; and
capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)
Upon graduation, the students of BET in Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration are expected to have the ability to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to broadly-defined Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies
- Identify, formulate, research literature and solve broadly-defined Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration engineering technology problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to the area of Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration.
- Design solutions for broadly-defined Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration engineering technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environment considerations.
- Conduct investigations of broadly-defined Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration engineering problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusion.
- Select and apply appropriate technique, resources and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modelling, to Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
- Communicate effectively on Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice.
- Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and the need for sustainable development.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of management, business practices and technopreneurial competencies.
- Recognize the need for and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.