Programme Brief Description
The Diploma of Engineering Technology in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology programme integrates four basic disciplines of engineering; combination of mechanical, electrical, electronics and computer and software engineering technology. The study of Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration involves aspects of Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning Troubleshooting, repairing, dismantling and mechanical engineering together with an understanding of the role as supervision and technician become the leader in team work of scope of Competency.
The D.E.T in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology Programme aims to support Malaysia aspirations to become an industrialized nation by nurturing skilful, resilient, responsible & globally recognized in Air Conditioning & Refrigeration and systems maintenance related Engineering Technologists with technopreneurial skills that are relevant to societal and Malaysia economic growth.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
The PEOs are the expected attributes of the graduates of DET in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology in 3 years after graduation. Our objectives are to produce engineering technologists who:
- knowledgeable, competent, and innovative;
- effective leaders with teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills;
- committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement;
- professional, ethical, and socially responsible; and
- capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)
Upon graduation, the students of DET in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology are expected to have the ability to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and engineering specialisation principles to well-defined practical procedures and practices.
- Analyse well-defined engineering practical problems using conventional and modern tools in their discipline or area of HVACR specialisation
- Formulate and provide solutions to well-defined technical problems related to air conditioning & refrigeration.
- Assist in the formulation of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs of scientific skills.
- Conduct investigations of thinking well-defined problems related to air conditioning & refrigeration.
- Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and engineering tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an awareness of their limitations.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and their consequent responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large.
- Demonstrate leadership skills of responsible effectively in a diverse technical team work
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices.
- Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development
- Recognize the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning
Careers in Air Conditioning and Industrial Refrigeration
With its strength in hands-on and multidisciplinary skills, the prospective graduates can become technopreneurs who create job opportunities as well as to work as engineering technologists in the following economic sectors:
- · Production in HVACR
- · Manufacturing in HVACR
- · Automation industry in HVACR
- · Automotive industry in HVACR
- · Biotechnology in HVACR
- · Aerospace in HVACR
- · Agriculture in HVACR
- · Food and forestry in HVACR
- · Green energy in HVACR
- · Maintenance Specialist in HVACR
- · Project Technical in HVACR
- · Supervisor in HVACR
- · Services Technician in HVACR
- · Draughtsman in HVACR
- · Instructor in HVACR
Please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com search : unikl mfi hvac